Senior Adviser Role – In our Wakefield Office.
- Full time based in one of our offices with hybrid, flexible working where suitable.
- Responsible for running a mixed caseload of private (business and personal) and publicly funded Immigration cases.
- Preparing all applications, including client attendances, liaising with Counsel and ensuring compliance with our LAA contract where applicable.
- Taking part in our private enquiries rota to convert new enquiries to new clients.
- You will be responsible for keeping your knowledge up to date with the aid of our various subscriptions and training access.
- You will be responsible for maintaining your IAAS senior caseworker accreditation with the Law Society. We will fund one re-accreditation exam and support you with a paid study day in preparation.
- Responsible for your own billing target on a monthly and annual basis.
Two optional stages from here are:
The first optional next stage in your career is to advance to supervisor. This is where you actively take responsibility for the work of junior & senior advisers. It involves a different skill set to that of a senior adviser and for legal aid work another exam. Full training and support is given.
The second optional next stage is to move to qualifying as a Solicitor. We do NOT offer training contracts to anyone applying outside of the firm. Assistance in qualifying as a Solicitor is strictly reserved to senior advisers who wish to take this next stage with their career and gain these professional qualifications and is subject to our discretion. There are a variety of routes available here, one of which is via a Solicitor apprenticeship which we are keen to offer.